At Menlo Park Smiles we offer some amazing procedures that can enhance your smile and even fix severe dental problems. Although these procedures are important, our main priority is providing excellent general dental care that can help you prevent serious dental issues. General dentistry is the procedures and treatments you think of when coming to the dentist for your regular visits such as:
- Professional Teeth Cleanings & Examination: Every 6 months or so we recommend our patients to come in for their professional teeth cleaning. During this professional cleaning, the hygienist will clean your teeth with special products and instruments to remove any plaque build-up that would eventually cause a problem.Once your teeth have been deep cleaned, the dentist will closely examine your teeth searching for cavities or other dental problems.
- Digital X-Rays: At Menlo Park Smiles, we pride ourselves in that all our x-rays are digital. With digital dental x-rays you are exposed to far lower levels of radiation which should alleviate concerns over radiation exposure.
- Dental Sealants: When it comes to preventing cavities from forming, sealants are one of the best preventative treatments you can obtain. Dental sealants are medical-grade resin that is placed and then are hardened with a curing light, on the chewing surfaces of all molars. Resin, once placed, runs into the deep pits and fissures of the tooth that usually accumulate the most decay.We recommend sealants be placed once adult molars are fully grown in, but they can be given to anyone at any age.
- Fluoride: Fluoride treatments can be administered every 6-month visit if wanted by the patient. Fluoride is a natural mineral that helps strengthen the enamel of the teeth to help fight cavities and decay. Fluoride can also be found in some toothpaste, water, and mouthwashes.
- Laughing Gas: Laughing gas is a safe and effective agent which is mixed with oxygen and is inhaled through a mask that fits comfortably over your nose. This helps you relax and become more comfortable during your dental procedures. It is not intended to nor does it put you to sleep. You will be awake and aware of everything around you, just much more relaxed and with much less anxiety. Ultimately you should feel calm and comfortable. The effects of laughing gas wear off within a few minutes after the mask is removed and you do not need to have a driver to escort you to your appointment.
Make your next appointment
General dentistry is very important in maintaining healthy teeth and preventing dental problems from occurring. Our team at Menlo Park Smiles here in Menlo Park, CA do everything we can to help you keep your teeth bright and healthy. If you haven’t seen a dentist in a while, please don’t hesitate to call us and make an appointment!