Root Canal Menlo Park
No one wants to hear the words, “You need a root canal”. But keep in mind that the root canal procedure is a far better fate than a lost tooth. With today’s advanced root canal technology, the treatment is easier to endure than ever before.
At Menlo Park Smiles, our experienced Menlo Park Dentist Dr. Daftarian is dedicated to providing excellent endodontic care while maintaining high levels of personal service. What that means for you is that we will walk you through every step of the process, keep you informed, and make sure you are comfortable and relaxed during your time in our chair.
To Save the Tooth
Root Canals and Endodontic Treatment in Menlo Park
The root canals of each tooth house nerve tissue and dental pulp, which contain blood vessels that provide nourishment. When this tissue becomes infected, a tooth may be in danger of dying. Without a root canal, patients may experience severe swelling, bone loss, inflammation, toothache, darkening of the tooth, gum soreness, and drainage problems.
A root canal procedure is usually recommended after other dental treatment options have been considered. It is a treatment that is used to save a tooth from extraction, an absolute last-resort option at our practice. Root canals are common in cases where large cavities have done too much damage to fix with a tooth-colored filling or dental crown. They are also used in cases where a tooth infection is simply too invasive to control.
Steps of a Root Canal
Menlo Park Smiles offers state-of-the-art endodontic treatment to Menlo Park Dental Patients who need a solution to severe tooth damage right away.
- After a thorough X-ray session and evaluation, we can begin the root canal procedure. The first step in a root canal is to numb the area of the mouth being treated with local anesthesia.
- A rubber dam is placed over the tooth to isolate the treatment area.
- Next, your endodontist will drill a small hole in the wall of the tooth.
- The tissue inside the tooth root, the nerve and pulp, are gently extracted using root canal files.
- The canals are then cleaned well, flushed with a special sterilizing solution, and sealed off.
- During the next visit, the empty root canal is filled with a rubber compound called gutta percha.
- We will add an onlay or inlay to the tooth, followed by a dental crown to protect the enamel.
If you are searching for a comprehensive dental team that can take care of all your dental needs, please contact Menlo Park Dentist Dr. Daftarian. Our root canal services are performed with a high level of quality and attention to detail. Trust the dental center that truly cares about creating beautiful, healthy smiles for life.